Health and Social Care Staff Vaccinations
We have now been given direction about how this group will be vaccinated. We had started to vaccinate this group, but have now been told that individuals must approach their employer to inform them of their plans for the organisations. Please see the statement below from the Hampshire and Isle of Wight (HIOW) Partnership of Clinical Commissioning Groups.
Hospital Hub sites are leading on the vaccination of health and social care staff working to the NHS England operational guidance issued on 7 January 2021 which outlines staff groups as including but not limited to the following:
1. Staff working on the vaccination programme
2. Staff who have frequent face-to-face contact with patients and who are directly involved in patient care in either secondary or primary care, mental health, urgent and emergency care and community settings including dentists, optometrists and pharmacists
3. Those working in independent, voluntary and non-standard healthcare settings such as hospices, and community-based mental health or addiction services
4. Laboratory, pathology and mortuary staff including funeral directors
5. Those working for a sub-contracted provider of facilities services such as porters or cleaners
6. Temporary, locum or ‘bank’ staff, including those working in the COVID-19 vaccination programme, students, trainees and volunteers who are working with patients
7. Frontline social care workers directly working with vulnerable people who need care and support irrespective of where they work (for example in hospital, people’s own homes, day centres, or supported housing); or who they are employed by (for example local government, NHS, independent sector or third sector).
We have been asked to direct these groups to their employer. If an individual is self employed and not yet vaccinated, please contact us, ideally using the admin section of eConsult, and we will forward your request to the HIOW vaccination team.
Published: Jan 26, 2021