Saturday Flu Clinic Day Instructions:
This instruction applies to any patients who have received an personal invite by text, email or letter to one of the Saturday flu clinics.
If you are invited to attend one of our 3 Saturday flu clinics on 19/09/20, 17/10/20, or 07/11/20 please follow the important instructions below:
- Do not arrive early or late for your 15 minute appointment slot: we have allocated a strict number of patients per period to ensure that people are queuing for the minimum of time and social distancing is maintained. If you arrive outisde your time slot you will be turned away.
- Attend on your own unless you need help in mobilising.
- Walk to the practice if you are able to. The only car parking at the practice will be for blue badge holders. If you do need to drive, please be considerate of our neighbours if you park in the local area. If someone is driving you down, there will be drop off and pick up areas, but there will be no waiting areas.
- Please wear a face covering. If you are exempt from wearing a mask, please be prepared to provide evidence of this.
- We encourage you not to touch anything in the practice. Bring your own hand sanitiser to use should you wish to.
- Please follow the instructions for queuing. The queue will be controlled to ensure social distancing. If you are in a wheelchair or have very limited mobility, please make yourself know to the queue marshall who will be wearing a luminous yellow jacket.
- If it is raining on the day, please come prepared with an umbrella as the queue will be outside for a short period of time.
- There will be no chairs available to sit while waiting, and you will not be able to sit whilst having the vaccination (for infection control). If you think you will struggle with this, please speak to the queue marshall on arrival.
- Wear clothing which makes it easy to expose your upper arm. The vaccinations will be given in the doorways of the rooms to comply with infection control.
- Do not attend if you or any members of your household have symptoms of coronavirus, or if you have been told to isolate or quarantine. Contact us the following week and we will rebook you when you are able to leave isolation.
- Please heed the instructions of the staff who are supervising the patient flow – they are there for your safety.
If you cannot attend the appointment slot you have been given, please call us ASAP so we can reallocate you. This may mean we cannot vaccinate you until later in the season.
Published: Sep 9, 2020