Covid-19 vaccine update
We are very excited to be offering the Covid-19 vaccine to our patients. We are working with our Primary Care Network (PCN) and the other local practices to offer the vaccine all our patients who are eligible. Each week, we are being allocated small amounts of stock across the 50,000 local patients, and have been told the order of priority that we are able to vaccinate in.
There is up to date information about the vaccine here, it also includes information about contraindications (when it's not suitable to have the vaccination).
In terms of the current practicalities:
- We will contact you to offer you the vaccine - please don't contact us unless we have already called all of your age group, as it will stop people getting through on the phone lines
- Clinics are at Bursledon Surgery in Lowford, and Blackthorn Surgery in Hamble. Please check the venue carefully.
- You will need two injections twelve weeks apart
- We have now vaccinated all our housebound patients, all our care home patients, and the majority of patients over 45. If you are over 45 and have not yet been offered your vaccine, please do call us.
- The invites are now generally coming to you by text message. If we do not have a mobile number for you, we will call you. Some telephone calls are being made on our behalf by our PCN, so may come from a withheld or unfamiliar number
- We will try to contact you at least three times including at least once by letter, so please don't worry if you miss our call or cannot book using the text.
- You are not able to choose the vaccine you have, but if you have an history of serious anaphylactic allergy, please let us know.
- You are able to decline the vaccine, and we will record this on your notes.
- If you get an invite, and you are booked elsewhere, please let us know using the link - we really don't mind - we are just keen that everyone gets their vaccine!
We try to update our patients weekly on our Facebook page - you may like to follow us here. We also have a recorded telephone message (option 4) for patients who don't have internet access. We will keep this recording up to date as we get new information.
SECOND VACCINES - you are being invited for your second vaccine 10-11 weeks after the first. The invite will come from our PCN via text or phone call, so may be a witheld number. If you are 11 weeks past your first vaccine and you have not had an invite, please submit an admin eConsult to us, or call us - unless you had Pfizer the first time, in which case please read below first.
Today (5th May), the PCN are calling and texting patients who had their first Pfizer vaccine at the end of January. Once that is completed, patients who are 12 weeks or just under will be invited (by phone and text). These should all be done by Monday 10th May. If you had your first vaccine before 7th Feb, and haven't heard by Monday, please do call us or do an eConsult admin.
If you have Facebook, you may like to follow the PCN for more updates here.
There are letters and text messages from the central NHS going to patients in the eligible groups who haven't yet had their vaccine. This may come before you get your invite from us. If you already have a booking, please keep it. There is no need to telephone to let us know if you have the vaccine elsewhere as this information will come through to your medical records, although if we send you a text invite, you can respond using the link to let us know.
If you are under 45 and do not yet have an appointment, please do not call us - we have just started inviting patients age 42-44.
Thank you again for your continued support during the rollout of this vaccine.
We will keep this page, and our Facebook page updated as we get more information.
Last updated: 5th May 2021
Published: Nov 19, 2020