Join the practice


A very warm welcome from Hedge End Medical Centre.

If you live within the Hedge End or Botley areas (see boundary area below) and wish to register as a new patient, you can either download the New Patient Registration Form below or pick it up from in the surgery.

For babies under 8 weeks old who haven't been registered at another GP practice:

For the Online version click here.

For the Printable version click here

For all other patients:

For the Online version click here

For the Printable version click here.

Please return the completed form to reception or email to

We do not routinely need any ID when registering. We will contact you if we do for any reason. 

hedge end surgery


Live within boundary area?

To be eligible to register at the practice, you must live within the practice catchment area.


Temporary Registration

If you are ill while away from home or if you are not registered with a doctor but need to see one you can receive emergency treatment from the local GP practice for 14 days. After 14 days you will need to register as a temporary or permanent patient.

You can be registered as a temporary patient for up to three months. This will allow you to be on the local practice list and still remain a patient of your permanent GP. After three months you will have to re-register as a temporary patient or permanently register with that practice.

To register as a temporary patient simply contact the local practice you wish to use. Practices do not have to accept you as a temporary patient although they do have an obligation to offer emergency treatment. You cannot register as a temporary patient at a practice in the town or area where you are already registered.

Download our Temporary Resident Registration Form


Named GP

We are required to provide all of our patients with a named GP.

Your named GP is the GP who is responsible for handling your paperwork (prescriptions, letters, etc.), and has overall responsibility for the care and support you receive.

This does not prevent you from seeing any GP at the practice.

If you would like to know who your named GP is, please call on 01489 785 722 or ask at reception.

If you have a preference for your named GP, please ask at reception and we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate you.


A carer is a person who is in receipt of a carer’s allowance, or who is the main carer of an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if the carer falls ill.

If you feel you are a carer, please complete the form here and send it to us by email or drop it back to reception.

If you have a carer, please let us know and we will add this to your medical record.


Non English Speakers

These fact sheets have been written to explain the role of UK health services, the National Health Service (NHS), to newly-arrived individuals seeking asylum. They cover issues such as the role of GPs, their function as gatekeepers to the health services, how to register and how to access emergency services.

Special care has been taken to ensure that information is given in clear language, and the content and style has been tested with user groups.

Open the leaflets in one of the following languages:

england English Urdu Urdu
albania Albanian india Hindi
egypt Arabic lithuania Lithuanian
bulgaria Bulgarian poland Polish
china Chinese (Cantonese) portugal Portuguese
china Chinese (Mandarin) spain Spanish
russia Russian French French
Turkish Turkish Punjabi Punjabi
Gujerati Gujerati Somali Somali
Croatian Croatian Bengali Bengali
Iran Farsi