Sedation for Dental Procedures

Posted by: Loodin - Posted on:

Image title

Your subtitle here

GPs do not provide prescriptions for dental procedures, as responsibility to prescribe this treatment rests with the Dentist rather than the GP. If you feel you need support, please contact your dentist who may prescribe if they feel appropriate, or may refer you to a specialist dental service.

References: “The monitoring and discharge requirements for oral sedation are the same as for intravenous sedation. Oral sedation must only be administered in the place where the dental treatment is provided and must only be carried out by practitioners who are already competent in intravenous sedation.”